Sunday, September 21, 2008

Psychological Self-Portrait













  For this particular image, I really wanted to create conflicting imagery.  I took many photographs of my face under a spotlight in the dark to create drama.  I then added color casts using curves in Photoshop to add contrasting colors to the image.  I used green and magenta.  The small portion of magenta helps to highlight a small part of my face and brings attention to detail.  I had a lot of fun creating this image.  Working in Photoshop is one of my favorite things to do.  I love layering images and changing opacity to create the effect I want.  This is a psychological self-portrait showing the many layers of a person in turmoil.  The week I made this I was very sick and was struggling to make my body do what my mind and heart wanted.  I created this image hoping to show this.  

No comments: