Sunday, October 12, 2008

Transformation

   
So for this image, I really tried to transform my body in a way that it was unrecognizable as me at first.  I really wanted my features to be distorted and exaggerated.  The only recognizable parts of my body are my hands and feet.  Both of which I think are very easily seen as mine, in a closer look.  I've been thinking more and more about how I can visualize the bodily distortions my mind creates.  I definitely feel like I am oversized at times and I wanted to capture this in a photograph.  I am trying to figure out why I am drawn to this image though.  I want to build upon this image for my Midterm series.  I like exploring the idea of being trapped in a corner, in your own home.   My professor and classmates saw a Francesca Woodman influence in this photo, and I can definitely see it too.  I find that I am very drawn to her concepts and style.  

No comments: