Monday, November 10, 2008

Alter Ego


Countess Convoy, or THE COUNTESS according to her fan, was born in Berlin, Germany.  Her age is unknown.  She has been an integral part of the formation of several influential bands.  Namely, Courtesy Queen, The Flashers and HumDrum Dolls.  After many years as lead guitarist in the glam rock band, Sparkle Fish, she has struck out on her own.  Her solo project, Corduroy Blue, has opened to mixed reviews.  THE COUNTESS has a remarkable fan base however, and his undying devotion will surely help her outlive Cher.  

I created this series for my Self As Subject class.  The assignment was:  Alter Ego.  I decided to do a glammed out rock star.  I got the idea from taking something that is already a huge part of my life (music) and going to the EXTREME with it.  Although I have always dreamt of being a famous musician, I'm not quite so sure The Countess is what I had in mind. :)  It was fun anyway.  And I had a wonderful coach for this shoot... my husband, Seth, helped me with a lot of my poses.  He knows what it's like to be a rock star I guess.  
  p.s. the coloring is weird on here, I'm not quite so pink.  So i'll try to fix that later....

No comments: