Tuesday, March 24, 2009

More on body image.....



























Here are a few more images I took a couple weeks ago at the Headlands.   I am continuing my series on body image distortion and the discrepancy between reality and perception on this subject.  I distort certain parts of my body to visualize the distortion that occurs in my mind when I think about my physicality.  I am emulating fashion photography to critique its influence on women.  Any feedback on this project is very welcome.  I took these shots in the evening as the sun was going down, so they have very different moods.  

2 comments:

Amanda Boe said...

Rachel, these turned out great! The light is so beautiful and I like the distortion of your shoes in the second shot; reminds me of my feet... ha ha! So when are we going to shoot again? :)

Rachel Hubbard said...

We definitely need to go out soon! Maybe this weekend? I need to figure out what my next shoot should be. Any cool places you'd like to go that aren't too crowded?