Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Gum Printing






























































Here are some test prints I made while trying to figure out how to work with gum bichromate printing.  I was pretty discouraged for a while.  Working on gum printing was technically very difficult.  I finally realized that printing gum on top of a cyanotype was the best way to go.  The details were getting lost in just a straight-forward gum print.  The very first image of this series is just a straight gum print.  It's a really nice image, but I need to do something else with it.  I haven't quite figured out what yet.  I really like the layering of color these have overall.  Especially the blue and green.  I'm excited to see where this project goes and have my final idea in place.  

No comments: